VITA Tax Preparation 2020
Please read this checklist and bring any/all paperwork, documents, etc. that are listed when you come for your tax drop off appointment.
- Proof of identification (photo ID) for taxpayer and taxpayer spouse if married filing jointly.
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents (An (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number; a 1099 SSA can be substituted for the card)
- Any legal papers regarding custody or tax arrangements for dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage/earning & other income statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc, Social Security Income Statements, Unemployment compensation)
- Any letters from IRS including Identity Protection PIN letter.
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099-INT and 1099-DIV)
- All Forms 1095-A for advance premium tax credit for Marketplace health insurance.
- Bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- IF you pay for daycare bring a statement showing amount paid and providers information.
- IF you have charitable deductions bring a list of cash/check amount and charity; bring mortgage interest payments and personal property tax if you itemize deductions.
- If self employed bring a one page summary that lists all your income and all your expenses broken down by category. We can only claim business mileage, bring make and model of car and show total miles for year and personal, business and commuting miles.
- For Education Credits: bring 1098-T and list of college supply/book expenses for yourself or dependents.
- If you are new to VITA please bring a copy of last year’s taxes.
- This program is for individuals who are generally making $60,000 or less, with some exceptions, (families and otherwise), as indicated by the IRS.
Bring all needed items to your appointment.
Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your appointment and pick up your paperwork at the door. Bring your own pen and reading glasses, if needed.
FILL OUT YOUR INTAKE FORM HERE
13614-C Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet
Catalog Number 52121E. www.irs.gov Form . 13614-C (Rev. 10-2020) Form . 13614-C (October 2020) Department of the Treasury - Internal Revenue Service. Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet