Behavior Consultation services are available to all registered child care providers. Each of West Virginia’s resource and referral agencies employs a Behavior Consultant to serve the child care centers, facilities, and home providers in their region.
The Behavior Consultant is a person with experience in behavior guidance and child development.
- The consultant is someone you can talk to if you are not sure about a child’s behavior, if you find yourself frustrated by a situation, or if you just have a question.
- All services are confidential and free of charge.
- Assistance is offered in many forms, including: phone conversations, written information, site visits, and face to face discussion – whatever you are most comfortable with.
- The consultant’s main goal is to support you – the provider.
The Behavior Consultant can help with many of your concerns:
- Helping children who have challenging behaviors.
- Helping children who have developmental concerns.
- Helping children who have special needs.
- Using developmentally appropriate practices.
- Offering positive guidance.
- Managing routines, schedules, and environment to support positive behavior.