MountainHeart Community Services, Inc. provides a variety of free services to Child Care Providers through our Child Care Resource & Referral program.
Services for Child Care Providers include:
- Family and child referrals.
- Assistance with WV state licensing, certification or registration.
- Provide information, technical assistance, and linkages on opening a day care center, family day care facility, or family day care home via a toll-free number.
- Provide workshops on child care as a business.
- Recruit and train new child care providers.
- Process payment forms for child care reimbursement to child care providers.
- Child care training specialists provide mandatory basic and advanced training on health, safety, and child development topics. Included is certificate documentation of successful completion of trainings.
- Provide information on GED, Child Development Associate (CDA), USDL Apprenticeship Child Development Specialist Certificate (ACDS), or college level classes.
- Provide access to child care resource library materials such as child care videos, books, manuals, and magazines.
- Provide loans and grants to eligible applicants to assist child care providers in meeting WV state licensing requirements or to meet ADA improvements to child care home, facility, or center. Also, provide information on other sources for child care grant and loan programs, as available.
- Provide current information, training opportunities, conferences info, state child care information, and resources.