Dear Child Care Provider:
These payments are made possible through the American Rescue Plan relief
Download additional information below:
WV STARS Pathway to Earnings fall enrollment period will begin October 1st
and will remain open through the 22nd or until funds are depleted. Please
keep in mind the following:
- Application and supporting documentation must be submitted online through the course
- The redesigned WVIT 1 course has been added and the award amount is $150.00
- Paystub must be from within the last 30 days
- If previously awarded you do not have to resubmit certificates/transcripts
- Application must be complete, if any sections are found to be incomplete your application will be rejected.
- Applications are reviewed in the order that they are received
- For those reapplying, the renewal requirement for this enrollment period has been waived.
- Vaccination is currently the leading public health prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic. Promoting vaccination among eligible individuals can help Early Care and Education (ECE) programs protect staff and children in their care, as well as their families.
- Most ECE programs serve children under the age of 12 who are not yet eligible for vaccination at this time. Therefore, this guidance emphasizes implementing layered COVID-19 prevention strategies (e.g., using multiple prevention strategies together) to protect children and adults who are not fully vaccinated.
- COVID-19 prevention strategies remain critical to protect people, including children and staff, who are not fully vaccinated, especially in areas of moderate-to-high community transmission levels.
- Masks should be worn indoors by all individuals (ages 2 and older) who are not fully vaccinated. ECE settings may implement universal mask use in some situations, such as if they have increasing, substantial, or high COVID-19 transmission in their ECE program or community, and while they serve a population not yet eligible for vaccination.
- Localities should monitor community transmission, vaccination coverage, the occurrence of outbreaks, and local policies and regulations to guide decisions on the use of layered prevention strategies.